Friday, February 26, 2010

2/25/10 arrival


I got to China today after a very long series of flights. I flew from SLC to LA from LA to Seoul Korea, from Korea to Hong Kong. The Korean Airline was very nice. We were picked up at the airport and taken to our hotel Metro Park Kowloon Hotel. I met my two roommates Tanner and Ryan, they seem like nice guys. I was exhausted but we went out with some girls in the group one room down from us. We walked the streets and went to the metro where I rode a subway for the first time. It was pretty cool and fast. We went to a Temple and saw some cool lookin pagodas and Chinese people waiving around incense, but not the good smelling kind, these just smelt like cigarette smoke. We headed back and rested up at the hotel for just a little before heading back out to one of the coolest sights I’ve ever seen. There were tons of tall buildings all lit up. Kind of anti climatic but you’ve gotta see the pictures. There was supposed to be a laser show but It turned out to be a few lights shooting off every now and then to some interesting Chinese music. I ended up eating at a Burger King of all places that night. It was good but not Chinese. The guys I was with weren’t really feelin up to anything interesting. I think the plane ride had taken a toll on most and no one wanted to be spending the night on the toilet rather than the bed. Many more authentic Chinese opportunities lie ahead so I am not dismayed. We headed back to the shuttle and that was it for my first day in Hong Kong.

No comments:

Post a Comment